It feels soooo good to just sit down and type. This may be the first time I have sat down today! I am trying to get ready for Kamron's grandparents to come and visit for 4 days. They live in St. Louis and haven't been here in over 2 years. In an effort not to let them see the inch of dust on every surface of my house, or take a bath in a tub with a serious ring, I had to get busy! This has been one of the most productive days I've had in a long time. And oddly enough, the kids had a ball doing projects today at breakneck speed. Here's just a sample of what we did today:
* weeded all the flower beds
* washed all of the towels and linens
* cleaned out the cabinets and threw all things moldy out of the fridge
* shampooed the carpet in the kid's rooms
* magic erasered through 2 whole erasers (I have a brilliant budding artist who thinks all surfaces are a suitable canvas!)
* washed, folded and put away 3 loads of clothes
* cooked 3 meals- only kind of counts since no vegetables were actually served, unless you count spaghetti sauce
* gave the dog a bath and collected enough dog hair to make a sweater for a 400 pound man
* ran through the sprinkler
* helped Sadie practice tennis
* introduced my kids to old school Madonna and Michael Jackson. Noah is pretty good at the Thriller dance.
* took a trip to the recycling center and Lowe's
* wondered why my kitchen smelled like rotten eggs and then discovered that our beloved fish named "Go Cats" had gone belly up. I thought that Sadie would be sad but instead she just said,"Oh well, I probably fed him too much yesterday." And that was it. Go figure?
There's still lots to do, but it feels so good to cross some things off the list!!!
Here is a picture Sadie drew of our 80's dance party today:
In adoption news, thanks to our friends the Gregory's, from church, we have found an agency to do our home study who does not charge the equivelent of the GNP of a small country. Our home study application will be sent off tomorrow. Horray! The home study process takes about 6-8 weeks to get through, so that's what we'll be doing for a little while.
I'm off to let Calgon take me away. Happy Hump-Day!