* My mom came over and cleaned out a month's worth of rotten food out of my fridge. She took all the shelves out and scrubbed them. The woman also swept up enough crumbs off my floor to feed a small country. And she watched the kids while I took a bath- ALL. ALONE. Only a mom would come and do that kind of thing and not charge you! What an awesome example of true love!
* I watched the movie UP for the first time today. Reminded me about how life is not always about the results, but about the journey. Plus- a good cathartic cry during a cartoon is always a happy experience.
* My brother brought me some fresh peaches in a brown paper bag. It just screamed summer. YUM!
* More yumminess was had from the dozen Panera Bread Cinnamon Crunch Bagels we devoured today. Those things are the bomb diggity.
* My dad stopped by today and he reeked of fish. Made me have flashbacks to blissful childhood afternoons spent at my Granny's creek catching carp and hunting for turtles.
* It's Deadliest Catch and Glee rerun night! Enough said.
* All the kids are recovering beautifully from all their various illnesses. I am thinking about how I could make millions by opening up a pharmacy out of my kitchen. I am also feeling intensely grateful that we have health insurance.
* I am also grateful that my sob story of our recent disasters worked and my doctor just called in an antibiotic for me and didn't make me go into the office. Score!
* I haven't been to the grocery in about 2 1/2 weeks. Which means that we are sans at least one ingredient for just about anything I could cook. You know what that means... Pizza Night! Yippee!
* I am keeping my fingers crossed that the little people stay healthy and keep recovering because I just made plans with my BFF to slip out for a couple of hours to catch a matinee of "Eclipse" on Thursday. Yay for me time! Go team Jacob!
* I gave up diet Pepsi's for a whole month. But with everyone in the hospital, I totally picked it back up again. I would normally beat myself up over this infraction. But you know what- who cares!?!? I am chalking that up to serious psychological progress. (Or maybe my give-a-damn is just busted?) Either way- it was good to let go of the guilt!
* But most importantly, I am sitting here in my kitchen typing this post at 4:30 in the afternoon. Usually at this time of day, all hell breaks loose in this house. Stay-at-homers- you know what I am talking about. Your kids go psycho that hour right before dinner. But miraculously, all 3 are currently enamoured with Sponge Bob and I haven't heard anyone scream "Mooooooooooommmmm" for at least 30 minutes. Hallelujah! Thank you Sponge Bob for helping preserve my sanity.
My mom cleaning out my fridge. It truly is a thing of beauty!
Isn't she cute?!?!
Isn't she cute?!?!