1. This is my 300th post. Hot damn.
2. I have post retreat depression. Luckily, I am going in March on Corey's Orlando retreat. I get to stay in a beautiful villa with Christine, The Other Mother and Mama Drama Times Two. Dream come true! Can we move it up to this weekend?
3. My dad bought a four wheeler and I am taking the kids over to his farm this afternoon to help him break it in. They are so pumped that they can hardly contain themselves. It's 20 acres of leaf crunching fun. Sounds like my kind of afternoon!
4. Sadie is going to a birthday party this weekend for one of her besties who is adopted from China. Sadie says that pillow pets are all the rage so I picked out the most adorable panda bear pillow pet for Sadie to give her friend for a birthday present. When I got halfway home, I realized that giving a Chinese girl a panda bear anything is probably one of the most cliche things I could have done. It truly was the cutest one they have and now I feel like I need to take it back to keep from feeding into a cultural stereotype. Ugh.
5. I hate to be materialistic, but I'd just about give one of my children for a pair of cozy black Ugg boots. I am scouring ebay for a good deal. (or if anyone has some they are tired of, you can send them to me and I will be your personal slave for at least 10 minutes) I sent Kamron an email yesterday asking him to get those boots for me for Christmas. His company has evidently blocked all my emails to him. It could be because I *may* have a tendency to use profanity. I sometimes tell people when they meet me that I am the kind of Christian who loves Jesus, but who is also capable of dropping the f-bomb. I'm trying to be better, I swear.
6. I'm thinking about piercing my nose. Maybe I'm going through a mid-life crisis.
7. I'm now writing for buy-her.com. Getting paid to gab about stuff I already use is fabulous!
8. I have hundreds off dollars worth of goodies to give away from people who donated things to the ladies on our retreat. The girls got awesome gifts every 2 hours all weekend long and they called me Oprah. (Yes- I'm about to get a God complex) I'll start the giveaways on Monday and keep on giving stuff away until it's gone. I have some fabulous stuff- lucky you!
9. You may remember that a few months ago Kamron begged me to dress Miles up like Mr. T for Halloween. Since I wouldn't let him shave a mohawk on my child's head, he is now suggesting that Miles be Flava Flav. Yeeeah Booooy!
10. My six year old daughter came to me yesterday and said, "Mom, I am so bored. Can I iron some stuff?" I don't trust her with clothes, but girlfriend ironed our sheets and pillowcases- kept her occupied for an eternity and she was totally in heaven. I am still not convinced she didn't come from outer space. Little weirdo. She also sits down at night and does stuff like write lesson plans, grocery lists, and goals. I want to be her when I grow up.
11. I am evidently the only mom in preschool who doesn't come to the class parties. Ummm- I'm sorry. If I'm paying you to keep my child, I'm sure as heck not going to pay you and then show up myself to run the show!
12. I'm having election ad overload. I'm Megan Terry and I approved this blog post.
13. Do you remember how a few weeks ago, everyone put their facebook status as "I like it on the floor/counter/kitchen table, etc.? I have yet to figure out how that raises awareness about breast cancer. Maybe I'm just dense, but I don't get the connection.
14. Miles peed on the potty the other day. Then he promptly pooped in the bathtub which totally negated my excitement.
15. I can't wait to make Halloween cupcakes with the kids for our family birthday party this weekend. I love to bake with the tiny humans.
16. I'm thinking that I'm ready to go back to Congo. I'm hoping to beg a few families in the middle of the adoption process if I can tag along on their trips to pick up their children. I think that stepping foot on Congolese soil again will make me feel like I am "home". Wonder if I could get my whole family to agree to pick up our lives and move to a hut in the middle of DRC? On second thought- that would probably mean that I'd have to homeschool and, oh dear lord, I do not have the patience or stamina for that.
17. I have a burning desire to build a tree house a la Swiss Family Robinson.
18. I'm starting a diet on Tuesday. I'm writing it down so that I can hold myself accountable. I can't start today because it's too close to Halloween and I LOVE candy. I can't start on Monday, well- because it's Monday. I can't start on Wednesday because by Wednesday I 'm already thinking about what I'm going to eat over the weekend. So Tuesday it is. Is it unrealistic to hope that I can lose 30 pounds in 2 days? Maybe I can just chop off my butt with a butcher knife.
19. The boys asked me if they could drink their water out of a bowl like cats and I totally let them do it. I justified it in my head by calling it occupational therapy.
20. Did I mention this is the 300th post? Sometimes I can't believe I stuck with this blogging thing for so long. Every now and then I shock myself!
Like what you read? Join us on Facebook!