- Lately I want to eat green peppers on everything. Like- I wake up thinking about eating peppers and go to bed thinking about how I can incorporate more peppers into my day. It has become and obsession. And no- I am not pregnant. I already checked and that's a big ol' NO!
- Noah has now seen three different doctors about his hearing loss. He's lost 50% of his hearing in his right ear and about 25% in his left. His right ear is so bad the audiologist said that his eardrum doesn't vibrate at all when sound hits it. Next step is getting tubes to see if draining some of the fluid will help him be able to hear. Which leads me to my next point...
- We've met our $6000 deductible 8 times over. That's what happens when you bring home a sick child from Africa, have another get a virus that lands her in the hospital for four days, have 4 surgeries, tuberculosis, 3 people on allergy shots and several stitches. Thank you Lord, for health insurance- even if it is crappy insurance that costs us an arm and a leg. Hopefully they can fix Noah's ears before the deductible resets on January 1!
- 75 degree weather in November is making me very happy.
- Today I had my 90 minutes of weekly free time. I made a list of things that I needed to do and get during that time, but I accidentally went off and left the list on the counter. So instead, I had a sugary, overpriced cup of coffee and looked at Christmas decorations.
- I scored a $9 pair of boots online last night. I got so excited about them, I snagged a pair for my mom too!
- One of my favorite etsy shops let me be the guinea pig tester of their new promo code system. I got all of my shopping done for the enormous team of teachers and therapists who keep my children ticking all at 40% off.
- I realized last night that I haven't read a grown up book cover to cover since Miles came home in February. Before he came home, I read at least 2 or 3 books a week. Now I only read pertinent sections of books pertaining to special needs and parenting attachment challenged children. I think this girl is due for some good fiction.
- Today was pajama day at Sadie's school. I think that pajama day is the best thing to happen to our morning routine since toaster waffles.
- I am so excited about putting out the nativity set that I bought while I was in Africa. It is soooo beautiful it brings me to tears.
- I really think that my boys would be good drummers and I am trying to decide if a drum set should be on Santa's radar or if that might just drive me to the nuthouse.
- Thanksgiving is only 2 days away. I think that any day that revolves around gratitude and mashed potatoes is a winner in my book. It is hands down my favorite holiday- except for the year that Sadie was born and I was only 9 days postpartum on turkey day. I was a hormonal wreck and I knocked over a two liter all over the dinner table and I cried for hours non-stop after that.
- Sadie and Noah were discussing Justin Beiber at dinner the other night when Noah proudly announced that he had "beaver fever". Typical man, huh?
- I hate seafood. Just thought you should know.
- Tomorrow I am going to drive 3 hours with the littles to go and visit my friend Ellen! I can't wait! She is the funniest person to ever walk the planet. I just know that I am going to laugh so hard, I'm considering buying some adult diapers on my way to her home.
- My house is a disaster and that's okay, because making turkey crafts and holiday baking are way more fun!
- Noah just informed that he wants to go Disney World dot com so he can meet Mickey Mouse. Not Disney World, mind you, but Disney World dot com. Travel advertising is evidently in the 50% of things he can still hear.
- I'm out of thing to bullet blog about. Ciao.
November 23, 2010
Here's a smattering of what's swimming through my head.
Labels: day to day