- I got to hook up with 7 of the original Cincinnati 14 retreat gals for a grown up slumber party this weekend! It was Fabulous with a capital F. There was tons of laughter, a Just Dance tournament and enough homemade caramel corn to give me some insane indigestion that lead to an hour long case of hiccups. I loved every minute of it! There is nothing in the world like having wonderful girlfriends.
- Aside from the caramel corn, I've been killing it on my "be kinder to my body" diet. I've eaten good healthy food. I've been running three or four days a week and have lost exactly 0.000 pounds. Ugh.
- I discovered mentholated Breath Rite strips this week. My life will never be the same. I love oxygen.
- I am in the final stages of planning our annual Congo vacation raffle. (HINT: skiing in Colorado! Woop Woop!) If anyone has any airline miles they would be willing to donate to the vacation package, I would love you forever. It is tax deductible. Please Please Please- I'm begging you. My goal is to raise $10,000 for vulnerable children in Congo and I think it would be much easier to get there with some airline miles.
- Miles dreadlocks look dreadful. He refuses to sleep in a cap and they are the fuzziest, most horrendous looking little locs I've ever seen. I'm trying to give them some time to mature, but they are looking so bad, I don't really want to take him out in public. Noah says it looks like Miles has woolly worms on his head. That is about the truth of it.
- I had a jalapeno pepper that was so hot it took the skin off the top of my mouth. And since I am in contention for mother of the year- I then dared my children to eat one also. Fortunately, they were all smart enough to turn me down.
- Noah is obsessed with doing chores for money lately. He has been doing massive amounts of chores for mere pennies, since he has no idea of the value of money. We've tried to teach him, but he just doesn't get it. He swept the floor, picked up the toys, and windexed the glass doors for 17 cents and a chuck e cheese token. Score!
- I'm crossing quite a few things off of my goals list. My cabinets have all been cleaned out and organized. I am embarrassed to say that I threw away copious amounts of food that expired in 2007. The fridge and freezer have been cleaned out. The bathroom stuff has all been organized and I realized that I will never need to buy soap or mouthwash again. I thought about throwing away all the pots, pans and skillets that had all the non-stick stuff burned off of them until I realized that would only leave me with one tiny pot. Maybe I should add new cookware to the goal list.
- My van is in the shop. I'm hoping it won't take a million years to fix. Thankfully, my husband had the forsight to buy the extended warranty that I was certain was a waste of money. He's good like that. Until then, I am stranded at home with two wild boys who are eating me out of house and home and who are finding it hysterical to take turns punching each other and licking each other's faces like dogs. I have yet to see why that is funny. Boys are gross.
- I'm counting down the days until hubby's W-2 gets here. I love tax season. How nice it is of our government to give me back my own money they borrowed from me interest free. I get pumped about the windfall. We have got to get a new mattress before my spine grows into the spring that digs into me at night.
- I love google analytics. I frequently crack up when I see the search words that lead people to my blog. This weekend's funny one: "I poured gasoline on my children." WTF? I can guarantee that has never happened in this house.
- Happy Monday. Hope your week is spectacular :-)
*not-so-subliminal message: donate airline miles, donate airline miles...*
Like what you read? Join us on Facebook!