* My big kids were taking a bath together the other night. (How old are they when you aren't supposed to let them do that anymore?) Anyway, when I walked in the bathroom, Sadie asked me how much I weighed. I told her that it was nacho. As in "nacho business". She said, "I'm going to guess 300 pounds." Noah quickly chimed in , "No, Sadie. I think it's 800. I think that Mommy weighs 800 pounds. At least." Thank you children for that healthy self esteem boost.
* This is my husband doing filling out a survey about me for our foster care packet.
I bragged about him too soon in my last post. :-) Every single thing about the situation was reminiscent of trying to get a young child to do their homework. As in, "Babe? Can you come in here and finish this so that I can take it to the social worker tomorrow?" Him, "Awwww, but Rocky is on!" Me, "Honey, you have seen Rocky 50 times before. Can you just come knock this out really quick?" Him, "I'll be in there in 15 minutes. This is the best part." And 15 minutes later the cycle begins again... Men. Gotta love 'em. It's times like that that I truly think, "It's too bad I'm not attracted to women in the least." He did, however, redeem himself by writing all kinds of nice things about me when he finally got around to doing it. Good boy.
* The littlest Terry has been the latest casualty of the cold that has ravaged our family. His was bad enough that I figured he needed to go to the doctor to have his lungs checked out. As we walked in, he said, "If I get shot, I gun be mad at you!" I assured him that he did not have to get a shot and he was a great patient after that. I love that he's learning how to talk about his feelings! And I love that he's been an adorable little snuggle bug while he's recuperating.
* Favorite recent Sadie quote: "Mom! I don't know what to write. All the good sentences are taken!"
* Favorite recent Noah quote: "Mom, your butt is like sausage."
* I need some MAJOR help from you guys! The time is quickly approaching for our third annual Millions of Miles vacation raffle. This fundraiser has the power to raise upwards of $20,000 for vulnerable women and children in the Congo. If you have a really awesome vacation home that you would be willing to donate a week's stay in, please contact me. Your rental home will be seen by a ton of people (hello, advertising!) and you will be helping such a great cause. I need someone to step forward for this desperately. I'm begging you! Email me for more details.
* We are hoping to put our house on the market soon. With another kiddo on the way, we are maxed out on space. I rented a storage unit today so we can empty this place out and make it more marketable, and holy moly! Renting a storage unit made me feel like a full fledged adult. It's the little things.
* Is it just me or is anyone else getting sick of all the political junk on Facebook? Maybe I need to crawl in a hole and not emerge until after the election.
* Speaking of emerging from holes, I hope the rest of your Groundhog Day is great. I personally don't understand how this is considered a holiday worthy of putting on the calendar, but whatever. As for me, I'm just going to keep sitting here... on the corner of awesome and bomb diggity...