I know that every body thinks their grandma can cook. But y'all, my grandmas can flat out take your grandma down in a cook off. Well- actually one is more of a baker. She has two things that she's famous for: her sourdough bread and her M&M cookies.
I'd like to think that it's the love that makes those cookies so out of this world, but I'm pretty sure it's the Crisco. These cookies are amazing. And the cool thing is- since M&M's come in holiday colors for almost every holiday, these cookies are a staple at our house when we do any celebratory baking. They are the butteriest, yummiest, crispy on the outsidey-ist while still being chewy in the middle-est cookies you will ever eat. Not to mention, they look gorgeous on your plate full of Christmas goodies at a party. And today- I'm sharing the recipe with you. You're welcome!
Daisy's Ultimate M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Cup Shortening (Crisco sticks work well here!)
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups M&M's
1 Cup chocolate chips
1. Blend shortening and brown and white sugar together in a large bowl.
2. Beat in vanilla and eggs.
3. Add in remaining dry ingredients (salt/ baking soda/flour)
4. Stir in M&M's and chocolate chips
5. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
6. Use extra M&M's to decorate the tops of the cookies
7. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield 2 dozen cookies. Enjoy!
Like what you read? Join us on Facebook!